On a Tangent

Wednesday, February 08, 2006


B.B. King Posted by Picasa
Somehow I got 4th row seats from Ticketmaster to the B.B. King concert at Dar Constitution Hall a couple weeks ago, and took my Brother-In-Law, Brett. We sat next to Marion Barry and his wife, which is funny because that's not the first time we've sat next to Mrs. Barry (funny story, ask me sometime).

The show was a bit below-average, because it was much less polished than any other concerts I've seen, but I'm sure that's just the nature of the music. Also at the show was Bobby "Blue" Bland, who is way too old to be touring.

All in all, I'm glad I went. B.B. is 80 years old, you know. I'm still kicking myself for not seeing Ray Charles before he died last year.

1 Comments:

  • I actually got to meet BB King a couple of summers ago in St Louis. He was performing at a blues festival under the Gateway Arch and staying at the same hotel I was. I walked in the door of the hotel and there he was in the lobby after the performance. Amazing!! I too have thought from time to time that I've gotta get off my butt and see some performers before they either don't perform anymore or....

    By Blogger The Untraveled Travel Guy, at 12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home