On a Tangent

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Tears In Heaven

I have a new guitar teacher, named Mike Melchione (he works at Music & Arts in Oakton). He's a very, very good teacher, and I've already learned a ton from him after only a couple of weeks.

Tonight I meet with him and he's going to expect me to play the licks from Tears In Heaven, the song Eric Clapton wrote back in the 90's. Mike taught me the general idea of it last week, and I picked up an EC book to try an nail it down.

The first couple of days I was money, then I slacked off. Now I've got the jitters because I really want him to be impressed so he'll keep pushing me forward. I'm a huge EC fan and would love to start learning a bunch of his blues songs. Problem is I'm so tired at night that I have to push myself just to pick up the guitar.

The lesson will motivate me for a couple of days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home