On a Tangent

Friday, April 28, 2006

today

The rest of the show went well. I had a chance to walk around and talk with people about scrapbooking and the kiosk. I have some ideas.

The most powerful part of the show was a photo gallery that was set up. I am not sure if it was to show off the camera, photographer or film process because I was so drawn into the photos. The first aisle just seemed so tragic. I felt like such a dork crying over the photos but, they were SO amazing. It is truly an aspiration to take photos like these professionals, they truly captured the emotion.

The first group was about a little 12 year old that died because of the Tsunami and how she was laid to rest. Another group was about an area that is affected by Agent Orange and how it has affected the generations since and lastly the straw that broke my gushers was of a little boy tying on his fathers tie. Pretty classic type of photo. Except the dad's arms are gone and the child's look is so worshipful of his father. How can circumstances and humanity be so harsh? I know how I feel about just viewing the photos, what must the photographer feel?


Here are some photos of the show




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home