On a Tangent

Friday, April 28, 2006

this morning in Aussie

Another gorgeous day in Sydney – even better than yesterday. The temperature is warmer. I was up super early but, got to talk with Mike and that was great.



Made it over to the convention center with time to spare to get set up for my class. Bad news, 35 people signed up! Yikes, quick make copies and get set up. HUH? Need to get the IT guy to hook up your mac. Okay

8:35 – no IT guy and only about 6 people in class. Relax Relax Relax. They speak engilsh and one is even smiling. Okay – Here I go!!

Well, about 10 minutes into the class, I do a quick recovery because I was crashing. I had visions of being cut off at my knees by the boomerang I had seen at the gift shop yesterday. No one was nodding their head like my comments were hitting home. I did not have my power point to relie on so, I relied on honesty and my smile! Thank GOD for my smile!



I had sufficiently revcovered and was able to talk about stuff they could relate to, I relied on the attendiees to share information and I think all in all it went well. The reviews were satisfied, not like the 100% I got from my Orlando class but, I’ll take it. I still have 2 classes to nail.

I have 15 minutes before the show opens and I ran to starbucks for a taste of home. But, being the adventuraous gal that I am I had to try the banana frap. The monkeys would have loved this. After a few sips, I have to pinch myself. I am in AUSTRALIA sipping a Frappe in Darling Harbour!! I am going to go jogging tomorrow around Darling Harbour!





The one bright spot of my class was Lance from Rusty Pickle – happy to be here! We are going to meet up later, talk a little business and then walk the bridge for twilight or at dusk! Tonight just might be perfect for weather, it is not as windy as yesterday so, I am not as nervous!

A little tid bit of information that I learned was that it is 24 hour flight to Europe from here. And this lady told me this morning that she would never go!! Can you imagine??

I am off to call Mike and the kids, I hope they are awake!!


1 Comments:

  • Hey, you're a pretty darn good blogger!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home