On a Tangent

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

I Need a Furniture Repair Technician



I'm sorry, I'm just not blogging enough nowadays. I'll try to be more diligent.

We got our Pottery Barn recliners this morning, and I love them. However, they reclie too easily! I can't simply sit with my feet up without the back falling to full recline position. I'm afraid it will drive me crazy when trying to watch tv.

Any suggestions? I've left emails with both Pottery Barn and Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams, which is the manufacturer. Both chairs are like this, so I don't think it's a defect. The one at Pottery Barn certainly didn't do this, though. There must be a bolt I can tighten somewhere.

1 Comments:

  • Hello, Im a furniture repair tech in Houston Texas. Your problem should be very simple to solve if you are some what mechanically inclined. Turn your recliner upside down and with a flashlight look for 2 tension coil springs located on ech side of the chair mecanism. These are the springs that dictate how much tension your foot rest will have in a open position. There should be 2 or 3 diffrent settings were you can attach them to. Pick the farthest from your current settings and you should be able to feel a diffrence. If this makes the chair to hard to close, then pick the setteng in between.
    Good Luck.
    E mail me with any other questions mauricioandbonnie@gmail.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home